On May 13th, STEM middle school students will be presenting engineering projects at the STEM showcase at KVCC. There will be students from all over the county demonstrating their hands-on science and tech skills. www.pltw.org/our-programs
Starting on May 17th, the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program marks its twentieth anniversary celebrating the power of books to expand children's horizons. They are partnering with educators like STEM Academy to inspire readers in the first through sixth grades to have a summer filled with reading and to earn a FREE book! You'll find downloadable versions of the classroom kit and the Summer Reading Triathlon Journal online.
Saturday May 21st eight STEM 4th-6th grade boys who have participated in Let Me Run will be running the K5K. Thank you to Coach Fred and Coach Elizabeth who helped Mrs. Sandefur and I get this program started for STEM boys this year. Come out and cheer our boys on Saturday morning 9:00am at Spring Valley Park, I will be running (actually trying to keep up with Payton and RJ)
On Thursday, May 26, 2016 our Girls on the Run teams will be participating in the Girls on the Run 5K. We are looking for a group of parents and families to make signs, and lots of noise to encourage the 34 third through fifth grade girls that have been working hard and training for this event.
There will be a flyer going home for K-5 students next week announcing the end of year field trip celebration to attend a baseball game at the Kalamazoo Growlers June 7th. This is a special day because before the game local businesses such as Eaton, Kellogg’s, Kalamazoo Nature Center, Parker, and Denso, will be providing STEM related booths and activities. The cost is $8.00 which includes lunch, admission to the game, pre-game expo, and a Growlers ball cap.
Thank you to all the Comstock families who voted on May 3rd. The Comstock bond issue passed by a large margin! Click to find out more info about what was passed this week.
• Memorial Day is Monday, May 30th – No school!
• Last day of school is June 10th and is a ½ day for STEM students.
• Uniform reminder: students can wear khaki, navy blue, or black dress shorts, skirts, jumpers, skorts, or capris. Please no tank tops, or spaghetti straps. Also no gym shorts, sweats, or leggings.
• Morning drop off should be in the parking lot if busses are present. If you arrive by 7:25 you can drop off in front of the school.
• Like the STEM Academy on Facebook for announcements, and other exciting STEM news.
Go STEM! Go Colts!
Mr. Chopp, Director Comstock STEM Academy