Hello STEM Parents/Guardians and Families,
The M-STEP test results are available for families. We will be mailing out M-Step parent reports at the end of the week. Awesome news to celebrate: Comstock STEM Academy is the #1 performing school in Kalamazoo County; we are also in the top 1% of all schools in the state! (We are ranked #18/2,311) This speaks volumes to the hard working students and excellent teachers we have at the STEM academy. Keep up the great work!
The new science lab is complete and students will begin using it at the beginning of February!
- Jump Rope for Heart kick off assembly was in the middle of January. Students are raising funds for a great cause, American Heart Association. Thank you Mrs. Amsbury for putting together this event for our school.
- Kindergarten- fifth grade went to Miller Auditorium to see the Education for the Arts performance of “Alchemia” by MOMIX. This event was an incredible experience for our students to see such a high level dance performance. Awesome job organizing Mrs. Duncan.
- Our Science Olympiad team has been practicing twice a week after school in preparation for our first competition in Grandville this weekend. Great job Mrs. Grintals and parent volunteers!
- Box top collection period ends January 31st. Will anyone be able to collect more box tops than 2nd grade?
- This month’s family homework is on curiosity. Character lab describes curiosity this way. Curiosity is a strong desire to learn or know something—a search for information for its own sake. (https://characterlab.org/resources/curiosity). Practice curiosity with your student in this way. Build an environment that fosters curiosity by asking questions that have many answers. “Why might that be?” “How do you know?” “What might another answer be?” and “How can you be sure?” are good examples.
- There is no school this Friday January 29th. Teachers have professional development and records day.
- Report cards for first semester will be sent home in Friday folders on February 5th.
- February 1st starts second semester.
Go STEM! Go Colts!
Director Comstock STEM Academy